Our people are the reason our business is so successful, and without their dedication, hard work and commitment to providing the very best customer care, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
Team spirit and employee contentment is important to us, and this is reflected through the high levels of customer service we strive to achieve every single day. If you think you share our core values and would like to be a part of our friendly but professional team, please email your application to [email protected] or post it to:
I.J. McGill Transport Ltd
Avon Mill Lane
Off Keynsham Road
At I. J. McGill Transport we strongly believe in providing the opportunity for every employee to grow and develop through training. We understand that enhancing key skills and developing knowledge is one of the most important factors in employee motivation. It directly impacts on the productivity and development of our business, ultimately improving the service we provide to our customers.
Our training programme is based on four key areas that help our employees become more efficient and acquire new skills:
- We move anything from a single pallet through to a full load, overnight and economy, delivering next working day or in line with our customers’ requirements
- Within our induction training we familiarise new employees with the necessary knowledge about how we work, our mission and visions, health and safety and procedures.
- Existing employees are trained to refresh and enhance their knowledge.
- When our technology is updated or amended, our employees are trained in the use of new equipment and work methods to ensure a completely seamless changeover.
- When there are promotion and career growth opportunities, process training is given to new managers so that they are fully prepared and skilled to manage the greater responsibility, as well as gaining the necessary techniques to motivate their team of people successfully.
Specific training for Drivers
Any newly appointed Drivers undertake specific induction training which covers both theory and practical modules before starting work. Training includes health and safety, safe systems of work, daily routines, driver assessment and communication skills.
In-house periodic training is also provided to our drivers by an approved JAUPT training company and our very own training academy. It is designed to improve and expand on the existing knowledge and skills of our drivers to ensure that they continue to be safe. It includes courses such as working time directive, daily vehicle checks, tachograph regulations and safe and fuel-efficient driving.
Investors in People
At I.J. McGill Transport we believe the people behind our company are as important as the company itself.
We understand that excellent services can only be achieved by staff who are motivated and have a real say in how we operate. After all, each and every one of them is involved in the day-to-day operation of the business, so their views really do matter.
We whole-heartedly believe that our commitment to developing the skills, attitudes and job satisfaction of our staff results in our ability to provide the best possible levels of service for our customers.
To support these beliefs, we ensure that all I.J. McGill Transport employees are provided with the necessary training for their role within the business. Each member of staff is also given opportunities for development and is well supported by their manager.
Bristol – Tavistock – Manchester – High Wycombe – Birmingham